1. I’m considering an improvement to my home. How can I find out how it might affect my taxes?
The Assessor’s Office will, upon request, provide written assessment estimates for proposed additions and/or renovations. All estimate requests must be made in writing and include the following:
- Drawings for the improvements with clear delineation as to what exists vs. what is new (architect’s drawings are preferred but hand drawn sketches are acceptable). These drawings will not be returned.
- A square footage breakdown of new and/or renovated areas.
- A thorough, narrative description of all improvements. Be sure to include renovations that may be made in conjunction with an addition.
- Cost estimates, including all labor and material. This estimate must be “market cost”, even if you are doing some or all of the work yourself.
We will make every effort to make the estimate as accurate as possible; however, it may be subject to change upon inspection. Please keep in mind that your request should be as comprehensive as possible to ensure the accuracy of the estimate. Estimates will usually be mailed within a week of receipt of request.
2. How can I find information regarding Senior Citizen’s, Veteran’s, STAR, and Disability Exemptions?
To obtain specific information and frequently asked questions about these exemptions, please click on the link (s) below:
Senior Citizen – http://www.orps.state.ny.us/pamphlet/exempt/senior.htm
Veteran – http://www.orps.state.ny.us/pamphlet/exempt/vets.htm
STAR – http://www.orps.state.ny.us/star/faq.htm
Disability – http://www.orps.state.ny.us/pamphlet/exempt/disable.htm
The deadline for all applications to be received by the Assessor’s Office is June 1. As proof of residency is specific to Eastchester, please e-mail the address above or call the number above for applications.