The 7th edition of the Eastchester 5K is going virtual!
Please see the below note from the Eastchester 5K Committee:
Any questions please log onto www.eastchester5k.org
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well during these unprecedented times. Knowing that the new few months are a bit unknown, our race committee has made the official but necessary decision to hold this year's Eastchester 5K virtually.
What does that mean? This means you can run the Eastchester 5K anywhere while following the latest social distancing guidelines as we continue to try to mitigate the COVID-19 virus.
You will run your 5K between 6am on 9/25 and 11pm on 9/27 keeping track off your own time. After completing your 5K you will upload your results.
This year any monies donated during registration, by clicking the donate button, will be distributed to he Eastchester CAP (ECAP) Food Pantry. In addition to monetary donations we are asking runners to help support the ECAP Food Pantry by dropping off a non-perishable food item or hygiene product on Saturday, September 26th from 10am to 1pm at the Eastchester Library.
Register by 9/20 and you will receive a printable bib to wear on the day. Track and upload your results (you will get detailed instructions as we get closer to 5K day) and results will be posted online. This is not a competitive event but a community event to provide continuity (for those who run every year), camaraderie and a fun goal to keep you motivate. That being said, you will be able to see how you stack up against your friends.
This year's event will be no rills with no shirts or prizes but we do hope you make a donation to support a great causes if you can. We are keeping the entry to just $10 to cover some administrative costs.
How it works:
- Register online at: https://runsignup.com/race/ny/eastchester/virtualeastchester5kfor2020
- Donate to this year's charity- ECAP Food Pantry by clicking on the donate button and/or dropping a food item at the Eastchester Library on Saturday, September 26th between 10am and 1pm.
- Encourage friends and family to join you!
- Run or walk the 5K race at a time and place of your choosing between September 25th and 27th
- POST, TAG, SHARE! Take a photo and post to Eastchester 5K Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/eastchester5k/
- Upload your results to RunSignUp using the link provided when you registered
- We look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your 5K stories and we look forward to the day when we can all line up together and race